OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at https://sturgismotorcyclerally.com/rally-giveaway and who are 21 years of age as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of USA and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of City of Sturgis, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of City of Sturgis as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on March 29, 2021 at Midnight, MST and ending May 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. MST. All online entries must be received by May 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. MST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://sturgismotorcyclerally.com/rally-giveaway. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of City of Sturgis. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of City of Sturgis.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $3,800 value package consisting of:
*(4) night stay (2 occupants) in a cabin at the Pappy Hoel Campground- Check in Aug. 6, Check out Aug.10
*(2) Passes for a concert of your choice
*(2) Mayor’s Ride Registrations –Saturday, August 7
*VIP Hospitality Center tickets for (2) includes 3 days of Breakfast & Lunches
*(2) 2021 Official Pin, Patch & Sticker Kits from Black Hills Rally & Gold
*(2) 2021 Official T-shirts from Tom’s T’s
*12x18 Official Main Street Photo from Sturgis Photo & Gifts
*(2) Passes to the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum
*(2) Passes to the Main Street Photo Towers
*(1) 4x8 Engraved brick for Main Street placement
*Collectibles provided by official sponsors
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by City of Sturgis. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at City of Sturgis discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for City of Sturgis to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of City of Sturgis. Winner will be notified by phone and email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. City of Sturgis shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT City of Sturgis‘ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that City of Sturgis, anyone acting on behalf of City of Sturgis, and City of Sturgis’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: City of Sturgis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond City of Sturgis’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, City of Sturgis may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by City of Sturgis. City of Sturgis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. City of Sturgis has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, City of Sturgis reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless City of Sturgis and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: This Campaign is governed by the laws of the United States of America AND South Dakota, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in South Dakota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: City of Sturgis - 1040 Harley Davidson Way – Sturgis, South Dakota 57785 USA. Requests must be received no later than May 21, 2021.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is City of Sturgis - 1040 Harley Davidson Way – Sturgis, South Dakota 57785.